1. LinkedIn introduces new “search appearances feature”
Through this feature, users can now discover just how many times their profile appeared in the search results. Also, the user can know the job titles and companies of people who found him/her. Know more about this feature here
2. Facebook plans to start household targeting for ads
Facebook is about to launch the household audience feature through which advertisers can target a whole family or any specific person in the household. This feature helps advertisers to show ads to the relevant member in the family and influence the purchasing decision.
3. Instagram tests a new feature – Favorites
This feature allows users to share their photos in a private group. Instagram plans to roll out this feature in the coming few months. Know more here
Search Engine Optimization
4. Google updates its site speed test tool
Google’s Test my Site tool will now allow users to compare their website’s load speed with that of their competitor. In addition to this, the user can also check how many visitors he/she is losing because of low site speed.
Test your site here
5. Google Adwords is experimenting with auto create ad headlines button
Google is testing a new feature in the AdWords that will “create a second ad with headlines in reverse order”. Read more